Waking up in the morning with blocked sinuses can be a really bad start to the day. The symptoms associated with this condition adversely affect your physical well being besides being a mood-killer. The good news is that tried and tested homeopathic remedies from Sinus-Pro can treat blocked sinuses effectively and provide immediate relief to sufferers. Before we get to the remedy, here is a closer look at blocked sinuses, their causes and symptoms, and why you should treat blocked sinuses at the initial stages.
Blocked Sinuses, and what causes them?
Sinus cavities (air-filled pockets at the front of your face and skull) become blocked when the mucus does not drain as fast as it is produced or the ostium (small opening of the sinuses) becomes blocked. When the ostium openings get blocked, the mucus is trapped in the sinus cavities causing pain, pressure and congestion.
Blocked sinus cavities are usually caused by a cold/flu, a deviated septum or hayfever and usually don't occur in children under the age of five. Some of the other factors that can trigger blocked sinuses include allergies, pollutant such as smoke, chemicals and smoking (in the case of adults). They keep the sinuses from draining by paralyzing the cilia (hair like structures that sweep out germs, dust and germ-laden mucus) in the sinus cavities.
Besides these, the other causal factors of blocked sinuses include:
- Nasal Polyps
- A deviated septum
- Nasal tumors
- Nasal allergy
- Abnormally located sinus drainage duct
- Facial Trauma (may block the sinus drainage pathways)
- Viral infections
- Frequent swimming or diving
- Overuse of nasal decongestants, especially over-the counter sprays that cause sinus rebound effects.
- Not completely clearing the first sinus infection
- Blowing the nose too hard (spreading a mild infection within the body).
- Not getting enough rest
- History of asthma
- Dental trauma
The symptoms accompanying blocked sinuses, besides a temporary loss of smell and taste, include:
- Sinus pressure which causes intense pain during a 'sinus attack'
- Sinus headaches
- General discomfort
- A headache in the morning when you wake up
- A stuffy nose
- A heavy head
Seeking Immediate Treatment for Blocked Sinuses
It is best to be treated for blocked sinuses immediately to prevent the condition from aggravating. An immediate diagnosis will also indicate whether you are suffering from chronic sinusitis or acute sinusitis.
Persistent Sinusitis: An ongoing inflammation of the paranasal sinuses lasting a couple of months, chronic sinusitis is caused by bacteria infection of the sinuses. Its symptoms include pain in the face and the area surrounding the eyes, swellings around the eyes and nose, and bad breath.
Acute Sinusitis: This sinus infection does not last longer than 2-3 weeks and is the result of a viral infection (cold or flu) within the sinus cavity. This viral infection causes the nasal lining to swell and become narrow, causing a blockage. Mucus builds up behind the blockage, creating an ideal environment for bacteria to grow and flourish. The resultant mucus build-up causes pain, pressure and congestion in the sinus regions.
Sinus-Pro: A Natural treatment for Blocked Sinuses
Our homeopathic remedy treats patients with blocked sinuses, congestion and pain in the sinus regions quickly and effectively. Sinus-Pro’s remedies drain out the mucus, clear your sinuses and normalize them, allowing you to breathe easily and comfortably again.
Our remedies effectively treat:
- Blocked sinuses
- Heavy head and pressure
- The formation of thick, viscid, or ropy mucus
- Pressure that builds up in the maxilla and the root of the nose
- Pressure between the eyes and the frontal sinus
- Throbbing headaches
- Dried nostrils with the formation of clinkers
(30 day supply)
(60 day supply)
Tips on Dealing with Blocked Sinuses
- Saline (salt-water) nasal sprays or nasal drops can help clear your mucus.
- Inhaling steam from a shower or a bowl of hot water can provide temporary relief from blocked sinuses
- Decongestants can help dry your runny nose and relieve your blocked sinuses
- Drinking plenty of water
- Use a humidifier in your home to sufficiently hydrate your immediate surroundings
- Ice may be applied over the sinus area for 20 minutes, this may may help with pain relief
Over the counter nasal sprays can provide relief only for a few hours. There is also the risk of addiction, not to mention side-effects. Sinus-Pro's homeopathic remedy uses natural and proven ingredients that get to the root of the problem, and eases the mucus out of the blocked sinus cavities completely, allowing normal breathing and quick relief.